Friday 24 March 2017

PPTA Mahi Tika course

I attended Mahi Tika 1 in Christchurch yesterday.
We looked at important parts of the collective agreement, meeting procedure and our protections and responsibilities under various acts.

Sounds really dry, but it really wasn't.

I came away with fresh ideas for our branch from other colleagues (Thanks, Buller branch!), a better understanding of the collective agreement (which I had thought I knew pretty well) and a better understanding of how to support New and Establishing Teachers as the NETs rep at our branch.

Next week I'm going to create a PPTA notice board by our staff photocopier. The hope is that staff will get the opportunity to see what the PPTA is all about in general and what is happening currently in our branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment